10.27.2009

Vocabulary for the week . . .

Frus.tra.tion: n. the feeling that accompanies an experience of being thwarted in attaining your goals.

This may appear as bad news from the last post. Coming back from break I had just prayed that I could keep the motivation juices flowing from the first six weeks of school. I would have thought that being laden with mononucleosis would hinder my academic drive and ability, but I could honestly say, I did my best work when I was limited with time and energy.

With less and less patience comes increasing frustration. Now that I am back to the "old grind" I feel as though my patience has diminished and that I have no energy from the petty nuisances in life. I can see myself get frustrated by things that wouldn't bother me before and I don't know what to attribute this change to. In an avalanche affect, I can see that it will soon affect my academic stride to the finish line, of which is just beyond my reach.

The sad fact is, I know what I need to change and yet, finding the balls is the hardest thing in the world. Laziness is human nature, but we are blesses with the brains to realize our faults and the will to change our course.

Whew, that was a mouthful! But what I know of myself, I will be okay and God will always be there by my side. I need to trust in him and give up to him those premature roadblocks because I know he will carry those for me. I need to, as well, meet him half way and (cue the the Black Eyed Peas, just kidding!) do as he asks of me: love Him, love myself, and love others. Everything else is just butter on toast ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment